Monday, August 16, 2010

Another attempt

In an attempt to make blogging a bit easier and still satisfy the itch for my far-flung family to see pictures of our growing family, I am taking a stab at a new approach to this blog.

We'll see how far I get. I'm not setting any rules about how often I post because I find that intimidating enough with my other blog. Plus, my life seems to be getting busier by the second.

Here goes.

This week I am the lead volunteer organizing my annual neighborhood picnic. It's quite a chore, and, while I truly believe in serving your community, I will be relieved when the event is over.

I am anticipating some stress. I've got a massive work gig next week that is going to wipe me out.

I am looking forward to the months of September and October. No commitments, baby.

Jasper's latest antics include rearranging his diaper (or the body parts therein) during nearly every sleep time (night and naps). This means he most often he wakes up with wet clothes and wet bed. Call me the laundry queen.

Jasper's latest success would have to be going to sleep in his big boy bed without crying, although he might say it was "driving" a real fire truck at a festival over the weekend.

I am thankful for my mom. I never knew how hard this job was. Oh, and I'm also thankful for the energy I have despite being 29 weeks pregnant.

I am proud of the painting I just finished for Jasper's room. It's two panels that depict a scene from a book we found at the library of a little boy and a fire truck.

And a few pics.

Found him like this after nap today. He'd taken his diaper off, thrown it on the floor and tried to put his shorts back on. Trouble was he put both feet in one leg of his shorts.

Jasper and cousins Sophie and Lily on our trip to OK.

Jasper driving the boat with Papa!

Just chillin', folks.

Playing in the water at Lake Eufala.

Jasper and Sophie sleeping on the boat ride home.

Papa, Great Mom & Pop, Dad & Jasper hanging out in my parents' back yard on the swing set from my grandparents' home.

Jasper gives Baby Brother a raspberry on my tummy.

Jasper feeding baby. This is a new thing. Very funny.

A recent visit to the NW from Carrie and her crew. Here are Jasper, Emily & Jax.

The painting for Jasper's new room.

No comments:

Post a Comment