Monday, August 23, 2010

I scream, he screams, we all scream for...

I am expecting a slight bit of insanity as this week rolls on with a huge job finishing up on Sunday.

I am so excited about next Monday. I have nothing to do!

Jasper's latest antics include thinking just about everything in our house is a ladder. He is constantly talking about climbing ladders. This includes the bed, chairs, benches, shelves and drawer pulls. He is also still fascinated with his diaper, taking it off, pulling it out of place even with clothes on and such, but I'll keep this post as positive as possible!

And... making us think twice about taking him out in public when he belts out a high-pitched scream because he's being restrained (in a shopping cart, stroller, etc.) when he doesn't want to be. This includes the car seat. It is a battle that seriously makes me think twice about going to the grocery store. I certainly limit trips in and out of the car. Every time we get in or out, we have the tantrum about how he wants to drive the car. Seriously, someone tell me this won't last until he's 16!

I am thankful for my husband who is managing to stand by me during this crazy period where I'm very stressed with work and getting very pregnant by the day. And constantly chasing a nearly-2-year-old. If all that doesn't make for a crazy mama, I don't know what would do it!

On the baby front, I'm 30 weeks this week. Feels like a big milestone, 3/4 of the way through, and the we-could-go-anytime date seems closer than I realize. I'm excited except for the fact that I know I'll be sleeping a lot less after the little one is here!

I am hopeful that I can keep my pledge to make no major commitments after this Sunday. Seth is asking that I put it in writing.

Jasper is cute when he eats ice cream. He's recently learned about dessert. He's, of course, eaten sweets for some time now, but now he gets it that he can ask for dessert, meaning cookies, cakes, ice cream and such. He calls it "ice cream truck." He's never eaten a treat from an ice cream truck, but we have several books that include ice cream trucks. Combine that with a boy's fascination with trucks, and you have "ice cream truck." Adorable. Here's a pic of him enjoying some chocolate ice cream tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment