Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy birfday!







Today is Jasper's 2nd birthday. We've been celebrating since Sunday. I think it might be a little traumatic once we stop. He is riding a new scooter, playing with new train tracks, reading new books, fixing things with his new tool set and cooking with his new kitchen gadgets.
The boy says "fickin" instead of fixing. It's hilarious. We gave him a little toy tool box for his birthday, and he's running around the house fickin everything. Too cute.

I feel so excited and proud of my little monkey. He's adorable, sweet, a daredevil and no matter how frustrated I get with him at times, I can't help but melt when he says, "Hugs."

No. 2 is due in about five weeks. I am even more tired and cranky than usual. I remember fondly when going to bed seemed like a relief. Rolling over at night is a chore all on its own. Sigh.

The name, the name, the name. We have not settled on a name for No. 2, and since we're having some troubles just deciding between the two of us, we've decided not to get anyone else involved in the conversation. We'll just say this, we will have a name picked out by the time this kid is born, and you'll know when you'll know. We could, of course, wait until I'm 10 centimeters to decide for sure. Sorry.

I've been saying that after Jasper's birthday we're just going to wind down and relax until this baby is born. Why do I fear that won't really happen?

I am thankful for some amazing fall weather right now. Despite the fact that it felt hot in our bedroom a couple of recent nights, cloudy, gray mornings giving way to beautiful blue, sunny afternoons aren't all that bad.

I am also thankful for some amazing friends. They lift my spirits when things get crazy. I am a lucky woman to have so many great women in my life.

I need to get our guest room (aka junk room) cleaned up and ready for visits from grandmas. Oh, and I guess we better get that crib put together, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment